Sunday 15 June 2014

Excel Clothing - New York Wish List

Excel Clothing are running a competition to win £500 to spend on their site and all you have to do is create a wish list of your top three items on the site.

As I'm heading off to New York for the first time in a couple of months, I decided to compile my wish list of things I want to take with me to the Big Apple.

First things first, we all need a big bag with plenty of room for all those things we carry around with us but never use. I'd say they were necessities but in reality, I barely reach into my bag for anything other than a lip balm or a hand cream.

When in New York, a camera is a must-have. Being an eager tourist with plenty of excitement about my first visit to the city I can imagine myself being snap-happy so my bag needs to have plenty of space for my DSLR camera.



So, obviously, I've picked out the Michael Kors Selma Bag - a classic winner when it comes to picking out a tote bag. This bag comes in a variety of sizes and colours but instead of picking out the plain black style, I've chosen a navy bag with white 'wings', brown handles and gold hardware.

Is it just me, or do you like the inner lining of your bag to be just as pretty as the outside? I love patterned or coloured linings and this MK printed one doesn't disappoint, there's plenty of inside pockets too for your phone and other bits and bobs.


Secondly, a comfy pair of shoes. Pretty important for spending all day on your feet sight seeing and of course, shopping.

When I go, it will be pretty chilly so a pair of boots are important for keeping my toes cosy as well as blister free. As much as I love the original furry UGG boots I can't help but lust over their other shoes, especially these Krewe Ankle Boots!

The leather looks hard wearing and the two straps are a lovely detail along with the embossed UGG branding on the side of the heel. Even though there's a small heel you can tell they'd still be comfy after a day on your feet.



Finally in my New York wish list is a Ted Baker top in a gorgeous corally-orange colour. The Myrine Layered Ruffle Sleeves Top is perfect for any occasion whether it's formal or casual. Jeans are the best match and can be paired with flats or heels.

The top may be for Spring/Summer but who says it can't be worn in the colder months? A bit of colour is the best way to brighten up an outfit from the usual blacks and greys you get around winter time.

What would you put on your New York wish list?

No comments:

Post a Comment