Tuesday 2 September 2014

Benefit They're Real Trio


I first heard about Benefit's new release on Instagram long before it was announced what it actually was, but I was already excited! With promises to revolutionise the way you do you make up I couldn't wait to find it what it was and how long go before I could get my hands on it.

Released to stores in June, I patiently (not) waited but after begrudging paying almost £20 for an eyeliner I waited to grab a bargain in the beloved duty free.

Last month when I went on holiday, there it was in the stand waiting for me! I'm not sure if this is an airport exclusive as it was labelled as a 'travel set' but for £28.50 you could get both the infamous They're Real Mascara and the hyped They're Real Push Up Liner. Also, for an extra £12 or something there was the They're Real Remover that was dubbed as a 'must' for when it comes to removing to stubborn liner and mascara.


I've been trying this duo out for a good six weeks now and I have to say, unlike every other review you've read, it's not the most positive.

First we'll start with the eyeliner. The eyeliner itself is amazing: it's solid black and it doesn't budge. What more could you want?


When the campaign was announced the Benefit professionals said you could apply this with one hand, on public transport no matter how bumpy it is and I even heard that it could be applied while doing a one-handed push up - I'm definitely not believing that final one.

Perhaps I don't have the knack to it but I've tried countless ways and I can't seem to get the line as perfect as it was hyped up to be. It seems to drag along the lash line and it's quite difficult to get it smooth so I've been using a stamping sort-of technique!

Although I'll continue to use it, I don't think I'll be purchasing another one when it's finished. After the years put into producing the perfect accuflex tip and a liquid-gel formula, I regret to say that I'm not as impressed as everyone else.

That's not to mention that I didn't love the other products though. I've previously used Benefit's Bad Gal Lash Mascara, it's good with a VERY fat brush, perhaps too fat so I was hoping I'd prefer this one and I have to say, I love it. I'm a fully They're Real convert when it comes to mascara now!


I have nothing else to say other than the fact it is absolutely amazing, it grips the lash from root to tip and leaves you with solid black, full lashes. Also, even after a month and a half, the mascara is still very 'wet', do you know what I mean? I have loads of trouble with mascaras drying out after a couple of weeks, but with this one it's all go go go!

Finally of the Benefit trio is the They're Real Remover. Released alongside the Push Up Liner, Benefit realised that their mascara was too good and it just wasn't budging with any ordinary make up remover!

Although I slated the eyeliner, I have to admit that one day at work I was changing a barrel of Fosters (I work on a bar if you hadn't guessed!) and it popped in my face leaving me soaked in beer. My make up was a gonner and my hair was left smelling erm, lovely (questionable!) - apart from my eye make up! Even after a good soaking, the mascara and eyeliner was still fully intact!

I suppose that's one good thing: if you job means you might get a little wet sometimes then I'd recommend They're Real for some staying power when it comes to your make up!

What do you think of the They're Real collection?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried it (and usually when I wear mascara, I have trouble with it getting on my contact lenses) but this looks worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem! The mascara is definitely worth every penny, I always need cotton buds around for the black blobs I get on my lenses though!

      Delete