Thursday 28 March 2013

Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

So the story stands that the name 'Eight Hour Cream' came from a loyal customer who claimed the cream helped to heal her son's scraped knee in just eight hours.  If only I had this as a child while I was learning to ride a bike!



I'm currently on my third tube of Skin Protectant, and I already have another 3 waiting to be used up. Yes. Hoarder, I know, but whenever I'm on a plane I just can't resist. Those little words 'Duty Free' are shouting 'BUY ME ZOE' from the page and I can't ignore that, can I?

Anyway, Eight Hour Cream is one of those things you either love or you hate, and for me it's massive LOVE! I have one in my handbag which I take absolutely everywhere with me. With the release of a new product, Nourishing Lip Balm SPF 20, in both a pot and a tube I was reminded about the countless ways to use the products. After a spot of research and experimenting I've got a quick (read: long) list of the many uses!


  • Lip balm, during the day for a quick moisture but especially over night to wake up with plump, smooth lips!
  • As a cuticle oil for healthy nails.
  • Healing scars from burns or scabs etc
  • Removing sting and redness from both windburn and sunburn
  • On dry skin on any area of the body
  • Healing blemishes and reducing acne
  • Removing mascara (even waterproof) - rub into the lashes and wipe off with a cotton pad
  • Moisturising your nose and keeping the redness at bay when you have a cold
  • Softening cracked heels
  • Glossing eyelids for a both bold and simple looks, with or without eyeshadow
  • Keeping down frizzy hair as a hair serum
  • Soothing irritating shaving rashes
  • As a barrier against chlorine to protect the skin in swimming pools
  • Shaping eyebrows
  • Moisturising elbows, knees and ankles before applying fake tan
  • Highlighter for a luminous shine or cheek or brow bone


So there's a handful of uses and when you look at it that way it's a true bargain isn't it? You'd never need to buy any other lotions and potions! There's a few other Elizabeth Arden products I use regularly too including the Intensive Hand Cream, Daily Face Moisturiser and the Intensive Body Treatment and it's safe to say - I can't wait to get my mitts on the new Lip Balm.

Skin Protectant is currently on offer for £13.15 instead of the RRP £25 at CheapSmells.

No comments:

Post a Comment