Thursday 28 March 2013

My Make Up

c
Face: Benefit Porefessional - 17 BB cream - Nivea Hydration Primer - YSL Touche Eclat - 
bareMinerals Powder - Estee Lauder Blush Trio - Real Techniques Core Collection, Blush Brush, Stippling Brush
Eyes & Lips: Soap + Glory MotherPucker - Natural Collection Lipstick - Carmex Lip Balm - 
Blink and Go Mascara - Gosh Eye Primer - Sleek iDivine - MUA Heaven and Earth - Look Beauty Nude Eyeliner -
HD Brows kit - ELF Gel Eyeliner - Elizabeth Arden Skin Protectant


Extensive collection? Probably. Trust me, you don't want to see the rest of it.

There is a collage of the make up I use on a regular basis, more often than not. The 'not' being when I get out of bed 10 minutes before a lecture begins and only have time to slap on some mascara, a swipe of blusher and a bit of trusty carmex!

My make up bag includes some brands available in high street shops such as Boots or Superdrug, and some more high-end brands such as YSL or Estee Lauder. It's just about testing what works best for you.

I'll always prep my face with Nivea Express Hydration Primer and once it's sunk in I'll begin with the make up, usually Benefit Porefessional if my skin could do with a tiny bit extra coverage. I always use BB cream rather than foundation as I find it to be too heavy on my sensitive skin. YSL Touche Eclat is an absolute lifesaver for those bags under my eyes that reflect a few too many late nights, but as a student I'd say that's nothing unusual? On top of all my base make up I'll set it with a bareMinerals powder and a stippling brush. I swear by Real Techniques brushes that's for sure. I'm hooked!

On my cheeks I like to contour and highlight, this Estee Lauder palette has the perfect bronzer and blush colours to create the 'cheekbone effect'. Although I'll say now - the middle pink colour is only for the very daring!

For my eyes on a normal day to day basis I prefer a quick sweep of neutral creams and browns but for a night time I'll take it a step further and add in a few darker colours to create a smokey look. On top of all that is a winged black eyeliner with gel liner from ELF, a tiny bit of nude liner in the waterline for a brighter eye and a few coatings of mascara.

Eyebrows is the last, but probably the most important thing I do. They frame the face and without the HD powder mine are pretty much non-exsistent!

Finally a bit of lipstick over a coat of carmex, or if I really want a glossy look, a slick of Elizabeth Arden Skin Protectant. I really could write a whole post on Elizabeth Arden, it is AMAZING.

No comments:

Post a Comment