Monday 8 April 2013

Day At The Races

With the Grand National last weekend it's safe to say I don't have a clue about horses, betting and anything inbetween. 66-1? What does this even mean? Is it maths? 66-1=65 no? Or maybe, even better it's some sort of sale: the pair of shoes I've been lusting after have been reduced '66 to 1 (pound)'? If only. Apparantley it means the odds, and the chances of a horse winning, but even then that doesn't make the phrase any clearer to me.

However, there has been one thing that I was keeping a close eye on about the races - Ladies Day and the fashion worn by the spectators. Some outrageous, some stunning and some plain weird. What goes through some peoples minds when they open their wardrobe door baffles me. Who thinks that looking like you've applied your fake tan with a paint roller is good? And since when were eyelashes meant to tickle your forehead?

However, amongst the sea of ridiculous outfits, too many frills and one too many layers of matted hair extensions, I managed to find a fair few outfits who won some style points in my book. And I put together a little collage of what I would think was the perfect outfit for the occasion.


Cool, smart and elegant I would say. None of this fluff, fur and frills that I saw plenty of! The red blazer is used to bring a bit of a 'colour' pop to the outfit and paired with the same shade on the nails. The rest of the outfit is a cool monochrome and the design of the midi is the perfect dress to illusionally slim a few inches. So don't put down the pies yet and be sure to grab yourself an extra slice of cake because why should you do it properly when it's easier to pretend? I'm just going to take a minute to appreciate those Topshop platforms so scroll on down for some outfits that are hot, and some that are not!

These photos were found on Marie Claire's Grand National street style




It's nice to see some people made an effort without making wearing half of a bird on their head or reels of frilly things wrapped around their bodies! Don't restore faith in humanity just yet though, I'll leave you with these two. If anybody has any idea what happened here then I am just as intrigued to find out. Seriously?


It's a shame because I love her lacy white outfit and that coral dress drowned by the pompoms is probably my favourite colour! Leave the pink for the flamingos and the skyline for the city. Please.


No comments:

Post a Comment