Wednesday 10 April 2013

Holidays Are Coming!

Whether the typical British weather likes it or not, I will be taking myself to somewhere where the sun is hot enough to strip down to a bikini and lay out on a sunbed listening to some party tunes and reading some of those real-life magazine that I only seem to buy for holiday! 

This year I'll be jetting off to none other than Magaluf and after having a fabulous time there last year I decided it was quite necessary to pay another visit. 

With summer holidays comes sun (hopefully) and with sun comes....bikinis! My favourite sort of shopping. This is my shopping list for summer this year, a selection of swimwear, cover ups, sandals and sunglasses. Other than a beach bag roomy enough for all poolside necessities I've pretty much got it covered!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

(L-R) Cover Ups: River Island - Topshop -  Miss Selfridge -  Topshop -  River Island - River Island
Sunglasses: Asos - River Island
Bikinis: Topshop -  River Island - River Island - Topshop - Miss Selfridge
Sandals: Topshop - Miss Selfridge - Topshop

Coral is definitely my favourite colour this season, and with a glowing tan I'm sure it would look lovely. The orangey-ditsy printed playsuit from River Island is gorgeous, and I can see myself wearing it a lot more than just by the pool, it's something versatile that can be worn out during the day as a casual outfit and can also be dressed up for the evening with a pair of killer heels and some accessories.

My favourite bikini is probably the blue vintage-cut printed one, also from River Island but although I love it, I know I'd be weary of dodgy tan lines. I'd even be tempted to wear the crop top out with a pair of shorts! However, the Topshop floral piece is just as nice and includes a nice mix of summery colours.

During the day and around the pool I prefer to wear a plain pair of those rubbery-foamy flip flops because I don't mind getting them wet and they are easy to pull on and run when in desperate need of more ice cream! But for the night time, I really don't like wearing heels on holiday so a nice pair of  sandals are perfect. Those red Topshop ones are lovely and come in black too if you don't feel as daring as a fiery pair.

What's on your shopping list for summer? Wooly jumpers and umbrellas if the weather carries on no doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment