Saturday 6 April 2013

Just Winging It

Winged bags are EVERYWHERE. If you haven't seen the Celine Trapeze bag then I have to ask you, where have you been? It didn't take long for everyone else, both high street and designer, to catch on with the trend and give their bags a pair of wings.


(L-R) Dorothy Perkins - Asos - Celine - Valentino - New Look - Lanvin - Reed Krakoff - DVF - Zac Posen - Iconic - Topshop

I think this is the perfect style of bag: to me a bag should be big and have room for all those 'necessities' you have, but probably hardly ever use. At least you've got them in your bag just incase, I guess. My bag is a touch on the large side and often gets confused with a small suitcase but it's sizeable enough to fit my MacBook Pro in, which is pretty important when it comes to choosing a handbag.

Having this extra winged bit on the sides means you've got extra room to cram stuff into your bag but because it's slightly different to the front section of the bag, it means your bag doesn't look big and bulky like you've got everything but the kitchen sink hanging from your arm. Amazing, right? Bag looks smaller, but is actually bigger. Brownie points to Celine, Now until I have roughly £1500 lying around collecting dust I'm going to have to got for one of the slightly cheaper options!

The Topshop bag gets my vote, I love the zip detailing and gold buckle! And what's even better? It's a much more affordable £50 woo hoo, race you to the checkout!

What will it be next? Feet on a bag so it stands up straight?

No comments:

Post a Comment