Thursday 11 April 2013

What The Shoe?!

Now, shoes are definitely a small weakness of mine. There's just something about them that I must have, I know that i've got something similar but this pair is just SO different and will completely benefit my life in a positive way. Completely.

But when I saw this shoe by Julien Hakes my mind was utterly confused. For one point, it looks like some sort of kitchen utensil. Am I supposed to flip my pancakes with it or squeeze my foot in and hope there is no puddles?


Celebrities like Lady Gaga and Nikki Minaj have challenged and encouraged the fashion world to be as bold, outrageous and as daring as they please. Nothing wrong with that, but when you take a step back and look at these new shoe designs emerging you have to question their practicality for anything other than sitting down and not moving a muscle for fear or breaking a leg.

The famous Alexander McQueen shoes worn by Lady Gaga

Julien Hakes is where the Mojito shoe first began, something I would not be drinking while wearing them. Imagine that, rather tipsy and relying on a strip of twisted plastic to support your unsteady self?

While I admire the creativity and unique-ness of them, I have many questions like: Why? How? And what for?

After looking on his website I found a couple more pairs, with a proper sewn in sole and a bit more plastic they look so much more elegant and yes, I'm feeling that weakness in my knees. I'd love to try a pair on but I know they would be more of a ornament in my home than anything else.


Heres a couple of other pairs of shoes I found while scrolling through the internets library of shoes. One pair looks like she's wearing bridges on her feet and another looks like the shoe has been bent in half. Whatever floats your boat I guess but I think I'll be sticking to the traditional shoe that I can trust to support my weight and keep my bones strain-free after a few mojitos and what not!


No comments:

Post a Comment